Sunday, May 29, 2011

think pink, a better way of life

Have ya missed me?? I know it's been quite a number of days since my last (rather unsubstantial) post...I've been busy living life, which is where I get ideas for blog posts, which are what you like to read, so really, it's for your own good that I've been gone so long.

Last weekend, we had the awards ceremony for the AWANA program where I volunteer. I was the director of the 10-12 girls club, and like any good director, I gave my girls a challenge: if every girl in the club finished her book, then all the leaders and I would dye our hair crazy colors for the awards ceremony!

May I present...myself with pink hair:
Suffice to say, they all finished their books. It's quite amazing what a simple incentive like seeing an adult with abnormal hair coloring will do for kids. If only that worked on adults also...

I actually kinda liked the pink-punk look. If I ever work at a summer camp, I'd consider getting pink streaks in my hair. Just for the summer, of course. To get it out of my system.
It was a bittersweet night, since I've decided this would be my last year of AWANA for a while. I had the best leaders this past year. They really loved the girls, encouraged them to work hard, PLUS they were super sweet to me and their fellow leaders. It was easy to be their director...the hardest part was keeping one step ahead of everyone because they worked so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment