No cryptic title here...just a picture of seals on a California beach from my trip this past weekend!
Funny story about these seals: I was walking along the sidewalk, which is about 20 feet above the sea, since the California coast is a little 'cliff-y' in La Jolla. I admired the Pacific ocean, the hotels, the cloudy sky, when I noticed all these people staring into the ocean at one particular point along the sidewalk/wall. So naturally, I went over there and stared too. There was a little cove with a beach, and stairs going down to the beach. A sign proclaimed that the beach was open for swimming, "please watch for wildlife." But no one was swimming! Instead, everyone was staring at the beach, which at first glance seemed to have the largest number of strangely shaped rocks. Why, I wondered, is everyone staring at these rocks?
And then one of the rocks moved.
About 30 minutes later, I left the beach, sprinted through a brief section of La Jolla and back to my car for the final drive to the airport. Seals are distracting.
I'll even give you a video of the seals. This'll make you laugh, trust me.
And if that didn't make you laugh, this link to the best Twitter feed ever will.
seals!
ReplyDelete