Monday, May 30, 2011

a day in annapolis

Last weekend was quite busy! Not only did I dye my hair pink, I also hosted an awesomely fabulous guest, my friend JenniMarie.

(and this is the point at which you all go check out her awesome photography blog and hire her to take your family/wedding/senior/miscellaneous portraits, because she is the ONLY person who takes pictures of me that I like. she's good. really good.)

We lollygagged around on Saturday, as I was semi-co-hosting a goodbye party for my housemates (did I not tell you the weekend was busy?). Then, on Sunday, while leaving the early service at church, we looked at each other and said 'let's go on an adventure.' And Jenni suggested Leesburg and I suggested Annapolis.

I hope you can pretty easily guess which city won.

We spent about an hour and a half there, exploring mostly the statehouse and the shoreline. And a couple back alleys.
I'd definitely recommend Annapolis for anyone interested in watching lots of big boats with rich people driving (boating? rowing? steering? how do you describe navigating a boat??) them. Pretty boats, generally handsome people wearing Sperrys, sunshine, and seagulls make for a pretty entertaining 30 minutes of sitting on the dock.

Just be warned: if the rich people start staring at you and steering their boat toward your dock and keep staring at you and start pushing their little bumper things off the side of the boat closest to you...they're probably going to park that big sucker right where you are sitting.

And you should probably move before that happens. Not as it's happening. Because that can be a little awkward.

Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment