I'm a curly girl.
Yup, that's my confession. That beautiful straight-hair shown on my profile picture?
It's a fake.
This is my real hair:
Why is this a confession? Because I've been hiding or modifying my curls for the past 13+ years.
And I've decided it's time to stop.
See, a co-worker convinced me to read this book last month:
It was inspiring. In the world of Curly Girl, a little unruliness, a little frizz, a little unpredictability and lack of control are ok. In fact, those things are accepted, cherished, and even celebrated!
Halfway through the book, I made a decision. A 'hasty vow,' of the sorts the Bible warns against. I would spend the whole month of August without altering my curls--I would nourish, cherish, and learn to live with them.
August has arrived. So with a trepidation, I trimmed up my hair and started the experiment.
In honor of this latest experiment, I'm going to start a bit of a mini-series on my blog. Tune in every Friday for the "Curly Chronicles." Next week: a discussion of some deep secrets from the past (as in, yes, there might be embarrassing photos of high school age m-wah...eek!).
yay! a whole month of curliness! you have very pretty curls.
ReplyDeleteChrissy, I LOVE your curls. dont ever straighten them!
ReplyDelete