Wednesday, August 3, 2011

august-ness

The internet defines "Augustness" as "The eighth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar." Funny how quietly life slips by when one is no longer in the rhythm of semesters and progressive accumulation of scholastic awards.

I rather like the alternative definition of "Augustness": Inspiring awe or admiration; majestic: See Synonyms at grand." July had a very inauspicious ending, despite accomplishing all three of my goals: 2 Cor. 5:14-17 is firmly in my brain, Harry Potter is finished and I'm raring to see the movie, and I intentionally spent time outside. August has had an inauspicious start, though what can you expect when a month starts on a Monday? But I have hope that August is going to be a grand month, one worthy of much "Augustness."

And to initiate the grandiosity, what better than my goals for August? Without further ado, the list, along with some intended posts so you can keep me accountable:

  • Memorize 2 Cor. 5:18-21
  • Earn 1.0 or more fitness CECs (expect a post about my 10+ hours of workout at the DCAC Fitness Convention next week!)
  • Sewing Projects: Finish some, start and finish others, reconsider the rest. (I'm no Martha Stewart, but a friend and I have a sewing day planned...and I'm sure you'll see posts from both of us regarding that.)

  • Study Spanish 3 hours a week (habla espanol? mi amiga Britt-Britt esena me!)
  • Run the Leesburg 10k! (under 58 minutes is my goal...we'll see...)
  • Finish reading Microbe Hunters (a book I picked up for the Bro and started reading for myself)

And last, but certainly not least, the goal I undertake with the most trepidation:
  • Go curly. (more about this on Friday)

1 comment: