I finally saw Cowboys & Aliens the other night.
As the movie closed, three things flitted through my mind:
1) Glad I didn’t pay more than $3 for that.
2) Daniel Craig is hot.
3) Daniel Craig is super attractive as a cowboy.
Please note that I previously did confess that Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford were the only reasons I wanted to see this movie. Gore, shoot-outs, aliens…these things just don’t hold much attraction for me. The first two I can see on the evening news, and the last one I had enough of in Sedona, AZ. But cowboy eye-candy? Oh yes, I’ll endure even aliens for that.
Cowboys & Aliens was a great summer flick: lots of action, heroics, some cheesy lines, and of course, use of brain discouraged. It was also a decent Western (from the few Westerns I’ve seen): a conflicted hero, guns, Indians, a cattle baron, horses galloping across plains, and the hero riding into the sunset without the girl. It sucked as an alien movie: a measly three jump scenes (all of which were predictable), oversized and unimaginative (though definitely gross) aliens, more than one survivor, and a Star Wars style monolith. I was happy with that combination though—I went to see the cowboys, not to be scared into gazillions of alien nightmares.
So Cowboys & Aliens was stupid and funny and appealing all at the same time.
And did I mention that Daniel Craig is super hot as a cowboy?
No comments:
Post a Comment