Friday, June 3, 2011

freedom from techology

Over Memorial Day weekend, I spent a very healthy amount of time outside. I also spent 36 hours without using any technology (excepting some texts and a phone call to the Bro).

Which means I have no pictures of my adventures.

I'm very sad for you...but man alive, those were some of the most refreshing 36 hours of the year so far! Do you know, it's probably been 6 months since I've done a technology fast of more than 12 hours? You should try it sometime.

I will confess, however, that the weekend would not have been possible without that wonderfully addicting technological advancement, the internet. Hence, I will share a website with you that will hopefully inspire you also to head outside into a land of trees, bushes, bugs, and no cell phone service for miles.

Hiking Upward
: A website with lists and ratings of long hikes throughout Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland. You can even pick your hike based on solitude! (which might be what we did...the views were nice too though...)

Go. Free thyself from connectivity.

Just be sure to check back in next week for pictures of Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment