Tuesday, August 28, 2012

to my friends in the northern hemisphere

I've found my weather-soul-mates! I've found fellow folks who also believe that any temperature under 75 is cold! 

Moving to the equator right before a north American winter was possibly the smartest thing I've ever done. 

Here in Uganda it's the wet season, so it's downright cold in the mornings and evenings (as in, the 60s). Today's low is 65--brrr! Snuggle me under an extra sheet tonight! Rain comes at any time of the day or night. My first night in Uganda beheld a tremendous 5+ hour thunderstorm in the middle of the night, yet the day before and the day after were sunny and warm. Yesterday was cloudy and cool all day, with rain in the morning (our solar electricity didn't care much for that, we had to run the generator last night to cheer it up). Today has started sunny and likely will be warm; the temperature has gone from 69 to 73 in the past hour. 

All that to say, I'm enjoying the warmth of the equator. North America, you may never see me in winter again...

1 comment: