Sunday, July 8, 2012

summer, in some of its glory

It's been pretty quiet on the blog, mainly because it's been pretty loud in my life. For the past 4 weeks, summer adventure camp has consumed my life. Sunday afternoon through Friday evening, I'm working what has become the favorite job of my life thus far. I'm leading creek hikes, low ropes courses, pool times, high ropes courses, canoes, Bible story times, and all sorts of odd jobs, such as wrangling stray horses, washing dishes in a veritable sauna, running competitions for which group can enter the dining hall first, and of course, getting a really nice tan.

One of the best parts of this summer is working with this guy:
My brother, the coolest counselor at camp.


Living the outdoors life is pretty epic. Here we are collecting 50 gallons of water (as part of a challenge, not for drinking!)


And here's a group of campers & counselors, right after we became mud warriors during a creek hike:


Yup, I'm loving this job. Hard to believe there's only 6 weeks left until I move to Africa!!

2 comments: