Friday, September 2, 2011

patience pays off

August is over, and with the end of August, the end of my 'Curly Girl' experiment. The verdict?


I like it! 


The 4+ weeks of no straightening, rare blow drying, no shampoo (just conditioner!), and pure acceptance seem to have actually increased my hair's curliness. 

So here we are in week one:

And here we are in week four (thanks for the picture, JenniMarie!)


I plan to continue with the curls (at the very least because I lent my favorite straightener to a friend for the month!). I'm considering finding a stylist who specializes in curly hair for a trim. There may be the occasional 'straight hair day' in the future, but overall, I think I like this new look as much as I like my straight hair look!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so impressed you did this and i love your curly-head, too. :-P and who knew august was going to go so fast?!

    ReplyDelete