Wednesday, September 21, 2011

hand of God

Today, I get to be a hand of God.


As Proverbs states, "Like the cold of snow in the time of harvest is a faithful messenger to those who send him."


As Corinthians proclaims, "But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body....Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."

Today, I get to deliver math textbooks to one of my church's missionary families.

While that may not seem like a particularly noteworthy task, let me recount the divinely orchestrated details.

1) Our church's missionaries in Mexico expressed a need for math textbooks to a church member, who also "happens" to be my coworker.
2) The family mentioned that some of them would "happen" to be in Missouri for an event hosted by my organization.
3) The church member/coworker knew that I also "happened" to be attending this event and asked if I could transport materials if we found them. Of course I said yes.
4) Our church "happened" to have the textbooks and donated 4 years worth of math textbooks--a $500+ worth value.
5) The books were delivered to me. I packed them in my suitcase (and another coworker graciously donated part of his suitcase space also!).
6) Today, I'm delivering the books to our missionary family!

Do you see God's astounding attention to detail??

Now excuse me as I fulfill my duty as a hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment