Thursday, March 14, 2013

paining...


Today, my heart aches. 

It’s the same familiar ache that has become a constant companion over the past month, an ache caused by my own choice. It’s an ache accentuated by the cooler weather of wet season, the sound of drums and vuvuzelas at today’s football tournament, the sight of children gathered for fun and games...and by statuses and pictures on Facebook reminding me of a previous life. 


Today, my heart grieves for what I have lost. My choice to say ‘yes’ to Uganda was also a decision to say ‘no’ to camp. I wonder with a sigh whether I will ever again receive the opportunity to work at camp.

For so many unshakable reasons, I know that ‘yes’ to Uganda was the right decision. I’m not doubting my choice but simply grieving my loss. There are so many parts of me strewn across the world. How can I ever unite them? 


You have kept count of my tossings,
Put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in Your book?
-Psalm 56.8

2 comments:

  1. "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." - Luke 12:6-7

    Praying for you, my very-much-more-precious-than-sparrows friend! Love you and all the joyful and tearful sacrifices you are making to follow God's call on your life.

    ~ Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true - the truth in your post and in Leah's comment! love you!

    ReplyDelete