For those who receive my email updates, this may sound repetitive...but I think it's important enough to record on the blog for posterity!
Making decisions can be tough.
A decision means that all the choices, all the other opportunities, all the exciting possibilities are done. A decision means commitment, for better or for worse. And in a century where anything is possible and choices are endless, commitment can be rough. As Kevin DeYoung says, “Our freedom to do anything and go anywhere ends up feeling like bondage more than liberty, because decision making feels like pain, not pleasure.”*
My life is at a junction right now. We finish the school year in early June, at which point my current one-year commitment with NHU will end. However, the Dangers have asked me to continue as their tutor for one more school year, through May 2014.
![]() |
At the same time, I also have the opportunity to return to the adventure camp where I worked in summer of 2012, to pursue a passion that seems to be from God.
![]() |
Both good options. Both opportunities to grow closer to Jesus. Both chances to serve God. Both with the possibility to share Jesus with kids.
There are many more factors involved in this decision that I won’t spell out here. But I would ask that you join me during the next month in praying for clarity, wisdom, discernment, and a choice based on faith, hope, and love instead of selfish motives.
*from Just Do Something, an extraordinarily valuable little book about God’s will.


Praying for you, Friend! And with much more understanding as you head back for the second "half." May you see great fruit from this time around...love you. =)
ReplyDelete~ Leah
Love the pictures. Especially the band-aid.
ReplyDelete