Wednesday, October 3, 2012

why men were created

I strolled into my room tonight to find the following scene:


I was extremely flustered by this situation. What does one do for a mouse in the house??? 

The irony of the situation struck me later. I've coped well with pretty much whatever Uganda has thrown at me thus far, only to be stupefied by a mouse...which could very easily have happened in America, as evidenced by my parent's stories of trapping rats in the backyard shed.

Back to my flusteration.

The mouse seemed injured, though still alive, so I took a moment to ponder my options. I could smoosh it...but mouse guts on my floor would creep me out for a week. I could pick it up by its' tail...but what if the tail fell off like on lizards? I could try to chase it out the door...but it wasn't really moving and what if it lunged into the closet or the bathroom or some cranny along the way??? I was stumped. So I told the cat to keep an eye on the mouse and ran to get my phone. There was only one solution: call my housemate and ask her what on earth I should do. She very wisely suggested  sweeping it up with a dustpan and throwing it as far into the yard as possible. 

I threw the thing so hard that I think I pulled a muscle in my arm.

3 comments:

  1. eeek! seriously, that's so crazy. matches my crazy story of squishing a snake on the way to life group last night. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy is tiny compared to the giants we are fighting out back in the shed! At least that cat looks like he is in control and isn't afraid of a rodent. The cats in our neighborhood seem to be avoiding the rodents we have encountered!

    ReplyDelete