Tuesday, October 2, 2012

unexpected

"So, Chrissy, was this something you thought you'd be doing in Uganda?"

The question came with a laugh just before midnight on Friday. My housemates and I were in the midst of a veritable flower utopia, which had overtaken our kitchen and dining area. We were busy cutting, trimming, arranging, and watering a total of 13 bouquets, 15 boutineers, and 3 centerpieces for the next day's wedding.

roses! so many roses!
"Honestly," I answered, "This isn't something I'd expect to be doing in America!"

Flowers are not my specialty. Yet I managed to contribute to the evening by wrapping boutineers and taking out the rubbish. 

Boutineers by Chrissy...
When we finally went to bed at 1am Saturday morning, it was with a sense of accomplishment...and trepidation about how we would stay awake through the 2+ hour ceremony the next day!

Allison's beautiful centerpiece
 I can now add "flowers" to my list of random wedding skills...

2 comments: