Saturday, April 13, 2013

small world

Last week, I stopped at our resident Canadians' household to help their oldest daughter start studying for her science final. Being that I hadn't had my morning cup o'joe yet, I asked to borrow a mug and some hot water for my (cough cough Jennifer's awesome! cough cough) Starbucks Via packet.

Lo and behold, I was presented with this lovely reminder of Canada:

Tim Horton...a Canadian classic

The funny story about this mug, though, is that this family didn't bring it from Canada, as a warm, friendly, daily reminder of home. 

Nope. 

They bought this mug in the local market a few months ago. And now it serves as a reminder of home...but it also begs the question: 

How small is our world if a limited edition Tim Hortons' mug is for sale in a rural Ugandan market???

1 comment:

  1. Did one of Jennifer's Canadian acquaintances bring it over on one of their visits?

    ReplyDelete