Tuesday, February 19, 2013

a most excellent adventure, part 1

Last week, I went to Musana Camps, NHU's Lake Victoria location. 

Musana panorama - wow.
A short-term team had come from the Dakotas to work there, so I joined the group from Kasana that went to visit them (not because I knew the Dakota people, mainly because I had the week off work and might as well go to camp as stay here!). 


While at camp, I did all sorts of baking and dish-washing to help out. But I also was able to take some time for rest and exploration. Below is a picture of the 'adventure walk' that Julia and I took one afternoon.

Off we go!
The team was working hard creating a new road, fixing cars, painting houses, building culverts and walls, and doing lots of handy-man work in general. 

dump truck! 

Creating a new water system
Later in the week, the whole group took an adventure to the waterfall that's on Musana's property...pictures of that coming soon!


1 comment:

  1. still love your haircut!! plus, this camp is so beautiful. i'm wondering what you baked ... :)

    ReplyDelete