It's a lie.
I know this and I'm not even a mom.
I mean, I can barely keep my house clean and myself fed decently while holding down a (sometimes demanding) job, participating in community and church events, and oh yeah, keeping in touch with my long-distance family and friends. Some weeks, it's all I can do to scarf down nachos after work before jumping back into my car for "the next thing."
How on earth could I raise even barely well-behaved kids? I don't even have time for a dog!
| someday i'll have one! |
Superwoman is a fantasy heroine, a myth. I, nor any other woman, are not required to live to her standards...because her standards are not based in reality.
Now excuse me while I smother the complaints of my un-spotlessly-clean bathroom under my un-regularly-washed sheets.
Thank you for pointing out the unreasonableness of the demands feminism places on women.
ReplyDelete