As this blog nears 100 posts, I'm reevaluating yet again its purpose and meaning. Given that a blog is an inanimate thing, given life only through its "creator," it seems to me that the created should serve the creator...and not vice versa.
There are so many metaphors and theological discussions in the previous sentence that I will simply ignore and restart.
Recently, I have felt pressure from my blog. I have felt that I simply must post at regularly scheduled intervals. Why I often am more stressed about the expectations of inanimate things than about the expectations of living, breathing humans is something that befuddles and bemuses me.
Regardless, I am posting this post right now on this slightly-read, unliving internet space to tell the world that I am releasing myself from the shackles of posting daily or bi-daily or tri-daily. I'm only going to post if I have something to say. That may be once a week or five times a week.
Don't worry--I actually have several things I want to say that I haven't had the freedom to edit because I've been stressed about 'posting.' And there are several things I will have to say in the future.
For now, though, this is all I have to say:
Dear Blog, You. Do. Not. Control. Me. With love, Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment